Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What you’ll need:
- Shredded cheddar (mild)
- Fresh spinach (1 cup)
- Fresh tomatoes (1/2 cup, diced)
- Eggs (3 medium/large)
- Vegetable oil (1 teaspoon)
How it’s made:
- If your tomatoes are not diced, start by dicing them into small cubes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until they are well mixed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet for 2 minutes; add the fresh spinach to the skillet.
- Once the spinach is slightly limp, remove if from the skillet and sit to the side.
- While the skillet is still heating, pour in the eggs until they are spread evenly across the skillet.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the eggs have hardened around the edges and from the bottom upward.
- Using a wide spatula, flip the entire egg to cook the top side. Cook until egg is no longer runny (or to your liking).
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, and 1/2 the cheese to one side of the egg in the skillet. Spread contents evenly on that side.
- Using the spatula, flip the empty side of the egg over onto the side with the contents, closing the omelet. Cook for 1 minute.
- Now add the remaining cheese and any contents that escaped into the skillet onto the top of the omelet. Cook for 1 minute and remove from skillet.